Tuesday, June 26, 2012

www.asurfboardstory.com

So I mentioned this idea of one surfboard a month to a few people and the response has been greater than I thought. My good friend and business partner Kyle Berube has committed to helping document this process visually with video. He and I are setting up a dedicated web site called asurfboardstory.com to create an avenue for people to follow along. I also mentioned this idea to stretch and he's very interested as well.

I feel the need to mention that this idea is totally based off of the idea that I am a very average ability surfer looking to improve my ability through the refinement of equipment. Basically an experiment to see if the average guy can really benefit from having the shaper attention that normally only a pro would get. There by developing a truly custom board that plays to my needs with the help of a world class shaper. I've always wondered if really good surfboards can actually increase the average surfers ability. Some people think no, but I think it definitly can. I've had boards that allow me to not think about the board and actually do things I never thought I could.

So please stay tuned those of you that are interested and we should have this thing, along with the first episode and board within the next couple weeks. Still working out a few kinks in the process. Let me know if you have any ideas or things you would like to see for this experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment